This is your assignment page for CMPS 111 Information Literacy. This is for your convenience. It will be updated and changed from week to week. You are responsible to check this page on a regular basis. ( I didn't know is not an excuse if it is on this page)
Assingment for August 28, 2007 --
1. Class begins
2. Get everyone on line
3. Go over the Syllabus, books expectations etc.
4. Discuss the writing of a term paper. This will take the place of a final test so it must be done with excellence. Class Assignment a 10 Page Paper Due by our class time on November 06, 2007 -- the subject is Security Issues including our National Security -- Use at least six sources that should include the Internet, books, Newspapers, other publications etc.
5. MLA - look at references in the book and on the internet as to how to use the MLA form of citing your work references
6. Read the Orientation and chapters 1 - 3 in the Computer Concepts book and STUDY all the Quick Checks in these chapters of the Computer Concepts book complete with the questions, answers and page numbers where the answer is found (FYI). There will be a test on these chapters at the begining of our next class. ((9-11-2007)
7. Type your bio in Word and hand in to Mr. Kitner tonight - who, what, when, where and how about you.
Assingment for September 11, 2007 --
1. Review for test tonight.
2. Take test -
3. In Class assignment to be given. On page 52 of your book under the section labeled Issue - read this section and follow the instructions. the link to go to is www.course.com/np/concepts10/ch01 to acces the digital links that are mentioned. You can also use other web sites found through search engines -- type up the paper citing the souces and hand it in tonight.
4. For next class time read chapters 4,5, and 6 in your Computer Concepts book and STUDY all the Quick Checks in these chapters of the Computer Concepts book complete with the questions, answers and page numbers where the answer is found (FYI). There will be a test on these chapters next class. (9-25-2007)
5. Next class time a librarian will be here to explain all the library resources near the begining of the class. This will help you have literacy tools for this class research as well as other classes.
6. Do not bring the Microsoft Word Book as previously instructed to do for tonight.
Assingment for September 25, 2007 --
1. Our CMPS 111 class is scheduled for library instruction tomorrow (Tues, Sept 25th) at 6:30pm in TH 212. Dev Albarelli will be the librarian overseeing this session. The Library Resources will be explained and shown to the class. This will help you have literacy tools for this class research as well as other classes.
2. Review for test tonight. Make sure you bring your Computer Concepts books for the test tonight!
3. Take test -
4. Classroom assignment to be done, the 2 to 5 page, paper typed and handed in tonight from page 242 the Issue Section see also pg. 232 - 233 for information to use tonight. See the links below for SOME links to assist you in the paper. (There are many others and other library sources as well.)
7. If you have some time left then do some more research for your class paper on Security - take advantage of this time in class tonight, it could prove to be valuable later on. Make note and keep references for your paper which is due on November 6, 2007.
8. For next class time read chapters 7,and 8, in your Computer Concepts book and Answer all the Quick Checks in these chapters of the Computer Concepts book complete with the questions typed, answers typed and page numbers where the answer is found. There will be a test on these chapters next class. (9-25-2007)
9. The homework will be handed next class at the beginning of the class.
10. For next class time bring your Microsoft Word book with you for work to be done with it.
1. Links to view for Chapter 7, and 8
October 9, 2007
1. Sorry but I am unable to be there for class tonight!
2. Use this time to do research for your paper that is due November 6, 2007
3. The subject is Security Issues of today and can include any or all of the following our National Security, airport security, College and University Campus Security. Internet Security, Banking Security, In home security etc. -- but is not limited to these!
Use at least six sources that should include the
Internet, books, Newspapers, other publications and/or interviews with security
October 23, 2007
1. Test on Chapter 7 only
2. Bring your MS Word books tonight
3. Hand in the homework from previous assignment
4. We will make student web pages if possible tonight
Helps for Citing Your Work
Web Resources Various
Great Resources on the Web
CEO Express This is a great resource for you anytime.
There are several places to get to the newspapers from around the country and the world. The following URL is one: News Papers
Back to Home Page