AwardsAcademic Awards & Recognitions
- Faculty Recognition, Point Park University Office of Academic Affairs & University Library, 2011-2018
- Award for Outstanding Service, University of North Dakota, School of Communication, 2008
- Bush Teaching Scholar, The Archibald Bush Foundation/UND Office of Instructional Development, 2006-2007
- Summer Instructional Development Professorship, UND Office of Instructional Development, 2007
- Outstanding Teaching Award, UND School of Communication, 2006
- Harold and Elaine Fisher Award for Academic Excellence, Bowling Green State University, School of Communication Studies, 1999, 2000, 2001
- Fahle Graduate Research Assistantship, BGSU School of Human Movement, Sport, and Leisure Studies, 2002-2003
- Graduate Student Recognition, WBGU-TV Production Department, Bowling Green, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002
- Certificate of Appreciation for Outstanding Service and Dedication to the Students of BGSU, Graduate Student Enhancement Program/Graduate College, 2002
- Certificate of Recognition for Outstanding Service as Teaching Assistant, BGSU Graduate College, 2000, 2001
- Award for Excellence in Administrative Assistance, BGSU Graduate Student Senate, 2000
- Lawrence Friedman Biennial Outstanding Research Award, BGSU Department of History, 1999
- Outstanding International Graduate Student Award, BGSU Graduate Student Senate, 1998
- Employee of the Month, BGSU University Computer and Telecommunication Services, 1997
- Certificate of Appreciation, BGSU Center for International Programs, 1996
- Certificate of Appreciation, World Student Association, BGSU, 1995
Professional Recognitions & Awards
Academy of Interactive and Visual Arts, Certificate of Appreciation for Serving as a Judge in the Communicator Awards Competition, 2013-2018
National Communication Association, Letter of Commendation, 2013, 2014
Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication, Letter of Commendation, 2013
Pennsylvania Communication Association, Letter of Commendation, Executive Council, 2011, 2013
National Communication Association, Certificate of Recognition, Human Communication & Technology Division, 2007
Association for Women in Communications, National Board
Central States Communication Association, Top Four Paper Award in Media Studies, 2004
Central Educational Network (CEN), Children and Youth Program Award, 2001
Presented to “News Six,” WBGU-TV (PBS), Bowling Green, Ohio.Ohio Educational Telecommunications (OET), Educational Service Program Award, 1999
Award recipients: Tony Howard, Producer, Pat Booth, Program Coordinator, Tatyana Dumova, Associate Producer and Editor, and Tom Zapiecki, Videographer.
Founded in 1967, CEN is one of the major regional public TV networks in the U.S. A part of the American Telecommunications Group, CEN provides representation and other services for member public TV stations in the Midwest and Northeast.
Presented to “News Six,” WBGU-TV (PBS), Bowling Green, Ohio.
Award recipients: Shawn Brady, Producer, Pat Booth, Program Coordinator, Tatyana Dumova, Associate Producer and Editor, Patrick Stearns, Field Producer, and Tom Zapiecki, Videographer.
Created in 1961, Ohio Educational Telecommunications is an independent state agency that strives to foster the growth and development of public telecommunications in Ohio.